Finding Sabbath

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Australia

I'm knee deep in planning for my trip to Australia in July with Rod. The itinerary is:

Sydney, Outback, Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand, Sydney, Hawaii. 3-4 days in each location.

At this point, we've got most all the plane tickets and lodging booked; all that remains is the car rentals, a few events, and trip accessories.

Yeah, it's going to be expensive. And this causes me to wonder if I'm really being wise about spending here. I could be saving up for a house, for instance. Add to that the fact that I really believe we're running out of oil, and trips like this will be nigh unobtainable in 5-10 years. I'm doing it now because I can do it now...but I'm exhibiting the sort of energy-rich activity that has contributed to our current global crisis. mmm guilt.

However, the bulk of the money is already spent. So I'm going to go, and take pictures, and soak up the experience.

All that stands between me and vacation is two months and a bunch of papers! (my last quarter has 6 papers required!)

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No guilt trips! You think money will be worth more if you save it? Ben Franklin isn't in charge any more.

Have fun out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home