Finding Sabbath

Monday, August 28, 2006

Local community

I went to a "Sustainable Ballard" meeting tonight. Seemed important - I wanted to connect with people who were actively doing something about our changing reality. And this is an energetic group! On Wed they are doing a press release for the goal of making Ballard the first carbon-neutral community in the states.

I sat with the "Food and Health" guild. They've organized into "guilds" to address different areas of concern and expression. I am intrigued by the 100-mile diet (you can only eat stuff produced within 100 miles of your dwelling...)

Frankly, I have to say, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the things I *could* be doing with my time; my evenings. Take up swing dancing again? Throw myself into dating, join some singles groups? Go gung-ho on environmental causes and community building? Yoga several times a week? Plug into the Monkfish Abbey? Join a business-networking group, and work on the new job thing? All while maintaining relationships with current friends and family, and keeping a healthy balance in my life?

I don't think I can do it all!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel, so much to do, so little time!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger cat said...

Nothing quite like that around my village, but it sounds great to me. :) Hope you find a nice balance of dancing, activism, dating, friends, and all else that keeps life entertaining. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home